Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Calling all Avon Rep Wannabes!

Posted by Rebecca at 9:08 PM


If you’re like most moms, you want a way to earn money for your family while staying at home with your children. And, it would be great if you could do what you love.

It makes sense that many mothers have chosen careers with Avon. No inventory is required, sign-up costs are very low (ranging from $10 to $20 if you sign up on the internet), you can buy stuff at a deeply discounted rate for yourself and your family, and you get to be known as the Avon Lady! Selling makeup, beauty products and holiday décor-what could be more fun?

While Avon is a great home-based business, it is important to figure out how many other Avon Ladies share the neighborhood with you. Will you be able to go to the supermarket, bank or Laundromat and be the only one peddling her wares, or will you simply be one in a herd of thousands?

These are questions SAHMs and WAHMs will need to figure out before signing up, as well as asking yourself:

Can I control my urges to buy product just because I get it at a discount?

Can I devote an area of my home/office where I can run my business out of the home?

How much time am I willing to market my business?

Can I go without making a profit for a few months until my business takes off?

Am I willing to attend trainings and meetings with other like-minded individuals?

Mind you, I am not discouraging women from joining Avon. I truly think they are a great company (their products are not tested on animals , they promote breast cancer awareness, and fellow mom Reese Witherspoon is their spokesperson!)
I personally found it difficult to get started because there were so many other reps in my neighborhood…however, think I would like to become an Avon lady again, if nothing else, simply to get some discounted bubble bath and never be without gifts for all the women in my life come Christmas time!

Interested in becoming a rep? Join Here!

Rebecca

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Mommy and We: For Mommies and Mommies-to-be Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Emocutez